Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crock pot Rice and Beans

This is one of my favorite dishes to make in a slow cooker.  Super easy, no fuss, and yummy too!
When I make this, I fill up the crock pot and cook a ridiculous amount.  The leftovers can either be frozen into portions, or used for lunch the rest of the week.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

1 large Spanish onion chopped
8 cloves of minced garlic
4 bell peppers (various colors) chopped
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
3 cans of beans, drained and rinsed (black or pinto)
dash of hot sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano

3-4 cups cooked rice (I use brown rice)

Combine everything into a large crock pot except the rice.  Mix well.  Cook for about 6 hours.  Before serving, mix rice into bean mixture.

*Sometimes I will add meat to this dish, it makes my husband happy when I do.  I have used sausage, chicken, ground beef, and leftover cooked rib meat.








No comments:

Post a Comment