Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Linguine with Broccoli and Peas

I made this dish for dinner last night, and my pasta loving daughter kept asking for more broccoli.  I had to sort through the pasta to dig out broccoli spears for my toddler; I was more than pleased with that!  Even better, this came together in 30 minutes using a pot, and my food processor.  Love it!

One box of whole wheat linguine
head of broccoli cut into bite size spears
bag of frozen peas
1/2 cup plus one tbs of natural peanut butter
3 Tbs rice vinegar
3 Tbs lite soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
3 Tbs brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger

Boil water in a large pot.  Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta.  About 7 minutes before the pasta will be ready, add the broccoli to the pot.  Three minutes later, add the peas.

Meanwhile, put all other ingredients into the food processor.  Process until smooth.

Combine the dressing with the pasta, broccoli, and peas in a large bowl, and toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment