Friday, June 15, 2012

Four Ingredient Chicken


Chicken is the staple in everyone's freezer, and even kitchen novices know at least one chicken recipe.  It is a dinner go-to for almost everyone.  This is one of my favorite go-to recipes.  It literally takes fifteen minutes from start to finish, and that is being generous.  Everyone I have served it to comments on how delicious it is, I even served it to a very picky three year old!  Best of all, anyone can do it; no culinary degree needed.
Just a side note, I started out using Mccormick Montreal Chicken spice, which is still my absolute favorite.  However, I also use lemon pepper, an italian medley of my own, and plain old salt and pepper!
Ingredients:
4 thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets
Mccormick Montreal Chicken spice
1 Tbls of olive oil
1 Tbls of butter (I use either "Best of Life" or "Smart Balance")
What to do:
Lie the chicken on a cutting board.  Using a fork, pierce the chicken all over on one side, then flip it, and pierce it all over the other side.  Season both sides generously with Montreal seasoning.
In a skillet that has a cover, heat the oil and butter over medium high heat.  Once the pan is hot, add the chicken.  Let the chicken brown on one side, about one to two minutes.  Turn the chicken over, and sear the other side.  Turn the stove to low heat, and cover the skillet.  Cook chicken for four minutes, then turn the chicken over.  Cook for an additional four minutes covered.  Plate the chicken, and pour the pan sauce over it

No comments:

Post a Comment